Amazon has announced what appears to be the killer deal for the Christmas period with its all-you-can-eat service on the New Kindle Fire and Kindle Fire HD.
The all-you-can-eat promoise is geared at families and what is most important as the lead up to Christmas approaches is the children.
Kindle FreeTime Unlimited brings access to books, games, educations apps, movies and TV shows all in one simple, unlimited service aimed at 3-8 years old.
The options include a special monthly price of $2.99 per child or $6.99 for the whole family. You will need to be a Prime member to receive these discount rates.
Non-Prime members will get access to FreeTime Unlimited for $4.99 per month or $9.99 per family.
Available on the all-new Kindle Fire, Kindle Fire HD and Kindle Fire HD 8.9 FreeTime Unlimited represents a brand new service and will be automatically deliveered via an over-the-air software update.
The press release reads:
Introducing “Kindle FreeTime Unlimited”—
The All-You-Can-Eat Content Service Built From the Ground Up Just for Kids—
Available Exclusively on the All-New Kindle Fire and Kindle Fire HD
For the first time ever, bringing together all the types of content kids and parents love—books, games, educational apps, movies and TV shows—into one simple, easy-to-use service for kids ages 3-8
Unlimited access to thousands of titles including exclusive-to-Amazon Android apps and games—all curated for age-appropriateness—a special price for Prime members of just $2.99 per month per child, or $6.99 per month per family
Featuring the best in children’s entertainment from Andrews McMeel Publishing, Chronicle Books, DCComics, Disney, HIT Entertainment, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, Marvel, Nickelodeon, PBS, Reading Rainbow, Sesame Workshop and more
Owners of the all-new Kindle Fire and Kindle Fire HD get one month of FreeTime Unlimited for free
SEATTLE—December 5, 2012—(NASDAQ: AMZN)—Amazon today introduced Kindle FreeTime Unlimited, bringing together for the first time all of the types of content kids and parents love—books, games, educational apps, movies and TV shows—into one simple, unlimited, easy-to-use service for kids ages 3-8. For a special monthly price of just $2.99 per child or $6.99 for the whole family, Prime members get unlimited access to thousands of popular kids titles. Customers who are not yet Prime members can sign up for FreeTime Unlimited for a monthly price of $4.99 per child or $9.99 per family. FreeTime Unlimited will be available on the all-new Kindle Fire, Kindle Fire HD and Kindle Fire HD 8.9” as part of a free, over-the-air software update that will be automatically delivered in the coming weeks.
Kids will love FreeTime Unlimited because:
- They can explore all the content on their own and pick for themselves what to read, watch or play next
- All of their favorite characters are included—Elmo, Dora, Thomas & Friends, Cinderella, Buzz Lightyear, Lightning McQueen, Curious George and more
- With individual profiles, everything in their library is theirs—no sharing a home screen with siblings or parents and no losing their place in a movie or TV show when someone else picks up the Kindle Fire
- They can easily explore their favorite topics—pick a favorite subject like “Princesses” and navigate seamlessly between princess books, princess games and princess TV shows
Parents will love FreeTime Unlimited because:
- All apps have in-app payments, advertisements and social media removed
They don’t have to worry that kids will run up a bill
- All-you-can-eat pricing means they don’t have to enter into negotiations with kids about what to buy or rent—“You already rented that yesterday” is a relic of the past
- All of the content is already pre-screened for age-appropriateness
Apple has recently released its iPad mini and in the run up to Christmas Amazon has made a bold move to tackle head-on what will definetely be the uppermost in parents minds. It is not so much about the tablet but the content available to the end user.