Any user of a smartphone who would like to upgrade to a new device by which i mean a superphone in the near future or present, that is to a phone other than the iPhone has one question on his mind :”Which device should I upgrade to ‘The HTC One X’ or ‘The Samsung Galaxy S3′?” To remove your doubts I’ve posted this article.
Why will I upgrade to the HTC One X:
- I want a better designed smartphone.
- I want a better customized user interface for Android.
- I wish to have a phone that is out for a couple of months in the market.
- I wish to have access to Tegra HD games.
- I want to have a slightly better pixel density of 312 ppi compared to 309 ppi of the S3.
- I dont give a damn to synthetic benchmarks.
Why will I upgrade to the Samsung Galaxy S3:
- I dont care about design.
- I want a slightly bigger screen (4.8 inch vs 4.7 inch)
- I want a better quad-core CPU and a better GPU.
- I love synthetic benchmarks.
- I wish to have some pampering with some useful and some useless software tweaks.
- I wish to have a longer battery life.
The Samsung Galaxy S3 offers more software based functionality on exynos based chipsets which give a better overall performance than the Tegra 3 CPU of the HTC One X.But the slightly lower performance of the HTC One X comes at a lower cost as well, that is about $130/€80/INR 7000 less on a contract free phone atleast in India.
The functionality of the devices is not too different from each other as both use the same version of the Android OS ,the Ice-Cream Sandwich. On the whole , a person driven by aesthetics should choose the HTC One X whilst on the other hand, a person who is of the geeky sort or cares about the technical aspects should go with the Samsung Galaxy S3.